THE PHYSICAL WORLD Reference Map:
National Geographic's wall map of The Physical World highlights the planet's geographical diversity with subtle earth-tones for land masses, shaded relief, and stunning sea floor topography in vibrant shades of blue. Detailed and accurate, this map features the Winkel Tripel projection to reduce distortion of land masses as they near the poles.
Separate insets show the North and South polar regions. The World Tectonics inset details the features, motion, and notable historical activity along the earth's plates and the World Climate inset shows the diverse climate regions and ocean currents. Elevations of major peaks are expressed in feet and depth soundings are expressed in meters.
Map is printed on premium quality paper stock, rolled, and wrapped in kraft paper without display packaging.
Net proceeds from the sale of this map go to support the nonprofit mission of the National Geographic Society.
• World tectonics and world climate insets
• Insets of the North and South polar regions
• Geographical detail including mountain relief and ocean floor topography
• Elevations in feet and depth soundings in meters
• Major cities and geographical features named including mountain ranges, basins, deserts, seas, and more