• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
National Geographic's <b>Old Faithful Day Hikes</b> trail map is a two-sided, waterproof topographic map designed specifically for day hiking around Yellowstone's famous geyser basin. The map features 9 suggested day hikes with a brief description of each, distance and level of difficulty. A detailed inset map on the reverse illustrates 5 hikes within a short distance of Old Faithful lodge and geyser.
In addition to the easy-to-read trail maps, the reverse contains photos and useful information on local history, geology, wildlife, plus important information on regulations and safety.
All Trails Illustrated maps are expertly researched and frequently updated. The maps are printed in the United States on durable synthetic paper, making them waterproof, tear-resistant, and trail tough capable of going anywhere you do. The map is two-sided, and can be folded to a packable size of 4.25 x 7.5 ; unfolded size is 22 x 32 .
Net proceeds from the sale of this map go to support the nonprofit mission of the National Geographic Society.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Clearly marked trails for hiking with mileages
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries and labeled terrain features
- Numerous natural and manmade points-of-interest
- UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation.
- Detailed road network
- Useful travel information on parks and key trails
- Important safety information and tips
- Information about local organizations and land management agencies
Main Map Scale - 1:30,000
Inset Map Scale - 1:15,000