• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel Map
Slovakia's snow-capped mountains and lush valleys making up almost a third of its area – a great place for adventure whether you are on a solo holiday, travelling with a partner, or with a family group. National Geographic's Slovakia AdventureMap is designed to meet the needs of all adventure travelers with its durability and detailed, accurate information. The map includes the locations of cities and towns with a user-friendly index, a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for roads/highways, plus secondary routes for those seeking to explore off the beaten path.
Use side one to trek through the Alpine peaks of the High Tatras on the northern border with Poland. Afterward, explore some of central Europe's largest castles, go underground to visit ethereal ice caves, and visit the marked UNESCO heritage sites. Side two will take you through Slovakia's lively capital, Bratislava, and its charming Old Town. Explore the largely undeveloped countryside of northern Slovakia by bike, foot, or river barge.
AdventureMaps differ from a traditional road map because of the specialty content they include. Each map contains hundreds of diverse and unique recreational, ecological, cultural, and historic destinations -- outside of the major tourist hubs. National Geographic AdventureMaps are the perfect companion to a guidebook, yet far easier to pack!
The Slovakia AdventureMap is printed in the United States on a durable synthetic paper, making it waterproof, tear-resistant, and capable of withstanding the rigors of international travel. The map is two-sided and is folded to a packable size of (4.25" x 9.25"); unfolded size is (26" x 38"). Travel Tip! Due to the synthetic sheet that AdventureMaps are printed on, you can easily fold the map to a discreet size, showing just the area you're interested in.
• Waterproof and tear-resistant
• Designed and printed in the U.S.A.
• Detailed topography with clearly labeled natural features
• Major road networks
• Hundreds of points of interest, including the location of forests and protected areas
• Thousands of place names with a detailed index
• Important travel aids including airports, rail lines, and other infrastructure
• Latitude/Longitude and UTM grids along with a compass rose and scale bars for accurate navigation with compass or GPS
Net proceeds from the sale of this map go to support the nonprofit mission of the National Geographic Society.