• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel Map
National Geographic's Nepal AdventureMap is the most authoritative map for touring the country. Each waterproof and tear-resistant map provides travelers with the perfect combination of detail and perspective, highlighting points of interest for those venturing outside city centers.
This durable, folded map includes the locations of cities and towns with a user-friendly index, plus a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for major highways, main roads, and tracks and trails for those seeking to explore more remote regions.
The front side offers a detailed topographic and trekking map of central and eastern Nepal, including border regions with China and India. Mountaineers will stay on course with marked trails through the Himalayan Range, including Everest (the tallest mountain in the world), and the surrounding national parks and wildlife reserves. An inset of the Himalayas has been annotated to show elevation.
The backside includes the western portion of Nepal, from the city of Mahendranagar in the west, to the Shey-Phoksundo National Park and Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve in the east. A detailed inset of Kathmandu and Patan City provide valuable locations of goods and services for casual tourists and seasoned trekkers alike, including archaeological sites, monasteries, kayaking opportunities, mountain bike paths, and campsites.
Every AdventureMap is printed on synthetic paper, making them waterproof, tear-resistant and tough — capable of withstanding the rigors of international travel. Each is two-sided and can be folded to a packable size of (4.25" x 9.25"); unfolded size is (26" x 38").
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Accurate topography/terrain with a clearly labeled road network
- Hundreds of points of interest, including the locations of national parks and nature reserves, protected lands, historical and cultural attractions
- Thousands of place names including towns and natural features; detailed place names index
- Important travel networks including airports, gas stations and rail lines
- Updated regularly to ensure accuracy
Proceeds from the sale of National Geographic maps go to support the National Geographic Society's vital exploration, conservation, research and education programs.