• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Big Sur / Ventana Wilderness - Los Padres National Forest is a two-sided, waterproof map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability and detail. This map was created in conjunction with local land management agencies and is loaded with valuable recreation information.
The front side of Big Sur Ventana Wilderness map shows the south side of the area including Silver Peak Wilderness, Los Padres National Forest and Ventana Wilderness. The insets detail Ventana Wild Alliance, Los Padres National Forest, the US Forest Service campaign “Tread Lightly", California State Parks, California Coastal National Monument, California Coastal Trail, outdoor ethics, contact information, conservation easements and land trusts, Monument Bay National Marie Sanctuary, and travel management and vehicle use. The reverse side of the map show the north side of the area, including Monteray Bay National Marine Sanctuary, Los Padres National Forest and Ventana Wilderness. The insets detail California State Parks and Pinnacles National Monument.
Trails Illustrated maps are expertly researched and frequently updated. The maps are printed in the United States on durable synthetic paper, making them waterproof, tear-resistant, and trail tough — capable of going anywhere you do. The map is two-sided, and can be folded to a packable size of 4.25" x 9.25"; unfolded size is 26" x 38".
Net proceeds from the sale of this map go to support the nonprofit mission of the National Geographic Society.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Clearly marked trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, and more
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries of state parks, national recreation areas, wilderness areas, marine sanctuaries and wildlife refuges
- Hundreds of points-of-interest, including scenic viewpoints, campgrounds, boat launches and canoe carry downs, swimming areas, fishing access points, and more
- UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation.
- Detailed road network
- Useful travel information on parks and key trails
- Important safety information and tips
- Information about local organizations and land management agencies