• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Allegheny North is a two-sided, waterproof, topographic trail map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability and detail. This map was created in cooperation with local land management agencies and is loaded with valuable recreation information for relaxing day trips and overnight campers alike. Trails and major roads are clearly distinguished. Places of interest, including natural features, popular landmarks, and infrastructure are labeled and easy to find. Boundaries for park lands, wilderness, and protected areas are color coded and easy to discern. The area's unique terrain is the map's core feature, with detailed elevation contours, shaded relief, vegetation, and water features.
The front side covers the 65,000 acres of Allegheny State Park, the largest state park in New York State, as well as the Allegheny National Forest just south of the Pennsylvania border. The park's forested valleys, un-glaciated landscape, fall leaves, wildlife, and diverse recreational opportunities make this area an outdoor destination for every season of the year. The Quaker and Red House recreation areas include 18 hiking trails and 5.6 miles of paved trails. Snowmobilers, skiers, and horseback riders have their own color marked trails. Other marked areas include campgrounds, picnic sites, and boat launches.
Flip the map over to view the heavy forest cover north of Hickory Creek Wilderness, and areas west of the Allegheny Reservoir, including the seven islands of the Allegheny Islands Wilderness.
The Allegheny North map is designed and printed in the United States on durable synthetic paper, making it waterproof, tear-resistant, and trail tough -- capable of going anywhere you do. The map is two-sided, and is folded to a packable size of 4.25" x 9.25"; unfolded size is 26" x 38".
• Waterproof and tear-resistant
• Updated regularly
• Designed and printed in the U.S.A.
• Detailed road network, including designations for off-highway roads
• Clearly marked trails for hiking, snowmobiling, horseback riding, skiing and more
• Detailed topography with shaded relief and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries for parks, forest, wilderness areas, and wildlife management
• Hundreds of places-of-interest, including campgrounds, information centers, trailheads, viewpoints, boat launches, fishing access points, and specialty content unique to each area
• UTM and Latitude/Longitude coordinate grid, as well as selected waypoints, and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation.
All National Geographic trail maps contain helpful information on local regulations, safety, important contact information, and park interpretive content.
Net proceeds from the sale of this map go to support the nonprofit mission of the National Geographic Society.