• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness East is a two-sided, waterproof, topographic trail map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability and detail. This map was created in cooperation with local land management agencies and is loaded with valuable recreation information from Cooke City to Red Lodge along the Montana-Wyoming border. Trails and major roads, and boundaries for park lands, wilderness, and protected areas are labeled and easy to discern. The area's unique terrain, with snowcapped peaks, glaciers, alpine lakes and plateaus, is the map's core feature, with detailed elevation contours, shaded relief, vegetation, and water features.
The front side of the map focuses on the northern portion of the wilderness, beginning at the trails of Gallatin National Forest and following the Sillwater River to Highway 78 in Absarokee. Flip the map over for the southern portion of the wilderness, which begins at the northeast gateway to Yellowstone National Park. Follow US Highway 212 from its intersection with the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway, where you'll see numerous lakes en route through portions of Custer National Forest, Shoshone National Forest, over the Beartooth Plateau, and on to Cooke City. Recreation opportunities on both ends of the wilderness abound; trails for cross-country skiing, hiking, horseback riding, and snowmobiling are outlined. Fishing locations and wildlife viewing/photo points are also indicated.
The Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness East map is designed and printed in the United States on durable synthetic paper, making it waterproof, tear-resistant, and trail tough -- capable of going anywhere you do. The map is two-sided, and is folded to a packable size of 4.25" x 9.25"; unfolded size is 26" x 38".
• Waterproof and tear-resistant
• Updated regularly
• Designed and printed in the U.S.A.
• Detailed road network, including designations for off-highway roads
• Clearly marked trails for hiking, motorsports, horseback riding, winter sports, and more
• Detailed topography with shaded relief and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries for parks, forest, wilderness areas, and wildlife management
• Hundreds of places-of-interest, including campgrounds, information centers, trailheads, viewpoints, boat launches, fishing access points, and specialty content unique to each area
• UTM and Latitude/Longitude coordinate grid, as well as selected waypoints, and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation.
All National Geographic trail maps contain helpful information on local regulations, safety, important contact information, and park interpretive content.
Net proceeds from the sale of this map go to support the nonprofit mission of the National Geographic Society.