• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness West is a two-sided, waterproof, topographic trail map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability and detail. This map was created in cooperation with local land management agencies and is loaded with valuable recreation information from the mountain peaks to the deep canyons below. Trails and major roads are clearly distinguished. Places of interest include lakes, glaciers, and campgrounds. Boundaries for park lands, wilderness, and protected areas are color coded and easy to discern. The area's unique terrain, with ragged rock peaks and sheer rock walls in the Beartooths and dense forests and alpine meadows in the Absarokas, is the map's core feature, with detailed elevation contours, shaded relief, vegetation, and water features.
The front side of the map focuses on the northern portion of the wilderness, beginning at the peaks east of the Paradise Valley between Livingtson and Emigrant, and over to Custer National Forest. It includes the Yellowstone River and Yellowstone Ranger District Boundaries. Flip over to the backside for the southern portion of the wilderness, from Dome Mountain Wilderness Management Area to the Blacktail Deer Plateu across the Wyoming state line.
The Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness West map is designed and printed in the United States on durable synthetic paper, making it waterproof, tear-resistant, and trail tough -- capable of going anywhere you do. The map is two-sided, and is folded to a packable size of 4.25" x 9.25"; unfolded size is 26" x 38".
• Waterproof and tear-resistant
• Updated regularly
• Designed and printed in the U.S.A.
• Detailed road network, including designations for off-highway roads
• Clearly marked trails for hiking, motorsports, horseback riding, mountain biking, winter sports, and more
• Detailed topography with shaded relief and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries for parks, forest, wilderness areas, and wildlife management
• Hundreds of places-of-interest, including campgrounds, information centers, trailheads, viewpoints, boat launches, fishing access points, and specialty content unique to each area
• UTM and Latitude/Longitude coordinate grid, as well as selected waypoints, and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation.
All National Geographic trail maps contain helpful information on local regulations, safety, important contact information, and park interpretive content.
Net proceeds from the sale of this map go to support the nonprofit mission of the National Geographic Society.