• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Capitol Reef National Park is a two-sided, waterproof map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability, detail, and up-to-date recreation information.
The front side of the map details the topography, four wheel drive roads, and hiking trails of Capitol Reef National Park and its east-west borders with the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and Mt. Pennel range. The inset contains valuable information for visiting Capitol Reef, including rock climbing, road tours, and a temperature chart.
The reverse side is an up-close study of the park, with all the necessary details for exploring this popular outdoor recreation area, including campground and trailhead locations, recommended equestrian and bike routes, and approximate trail mileage. Insets include local contact information, geological descriptions, and Fruita day hiking routes.
The Capitol Reef National Park map is printed in the United States on durable synthetic paper, making it waterproof, tear-resistant, and trail tough — capable of going anywhere you do. The map is two-sided, and can be folded to a packable size of 4.25" x 9.25"; unfolded size is 26" x 38".
Net proceeds from the sale of this map go to support the nonprofit mission of the National Geographic Society.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Detailed road network and clearly marked trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, and more
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries of state parks, national forests, monuments and recreation areas
- Hundreds of points-of-interest, including scenic viewpoints, campgrounds, national scenic byways, and more
- UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation.
- Important safety information and tips regarding flash flood, steep cliffs, extreme weather conditions, and other potential hazards