• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Collegiate Peaks Wilderness is a two-sided, waterproof map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability and detail. This map was created in conjunction with local land management agencies and is loaded with valuable recreation information.
The front side of Collegiate Peaks Wilderness map details the east side of the area, including Hunter Fryingpan Wilderness, Mount Massive Wilderness, San Isabel National forest, Buffalo Peaks Wilderness, Pike National Forest, Collegiate Peaks Wilderness and Gunnison National Forest. The reverse side of the map details the west side of the area, including White River National Forest, Hunter Fryingpan Wilderness, Maroon Bells Snowmass Wilderness, Collegiate Peaks Wilderness, San Isabel National Forest and Gunnison National Forest. The insets show survival tips, wilderness conduct, contact information, the Colorado Trail Foundation and outdoor ethics.
Trails Illustrated maps are expertly researched and frequently updated. The maps are printed in the United States on durable synthetic paper, making them waterproof, tear-resistant, and trail tough — capable of going anywhere you do. The map is two-sided, and can be folded to a packable size of 4.25" x 9.25"; unfolded size is 26" x 38".
Net proceeds from the sale of this map go to support the nonprofit mission of the National Geographic Society.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Clearly marked trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, ATV, and more
- Detailed topography and clearly defined, color-coded boundaries of state parks, national recreation areas, wilderness areas, marine sanctuaries and wildlife refuges
- Hundreds of points-of-interest, including scenic viewpoints, campgrounds, boat launches and canoe carry downs, swimming areas, fishing access points, and more
- UTM and Latitude/Longitude grid, as well as selected waypoints and a scale bar for easy and accurate navigation.
- Game Management Unit (GMU) boundaries.
- Detailed road network
- Useful travel information on parks and key trails
- Important safety information and tips
- Information about local organizations and land management agencies