• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel Map
National Geographic's Scotland AdventureMap will meet the needs of Scotland's adventure travelers with its durability and detailed, accurate information. Whether you are hillwalking, taking in the local culture, or testing nerves with an adrenaline-sports option, this is the map to get you there.
The map includes the locations of picturesque places to discover like the white waters of the River Tay, the views around Ben Vrackie, or the mountaintop of Meall-Fuar Mhonaidh, all with a user-friendly index, a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for roads/highways, plus secondary routes for those seeking to explore off the beaten path.
Start your adventure at the Cairngorm Plateau, the highest continual expanse of mountainous terrain in the whole of Britain. Visit the village of Dunkeld, a highland gateway village and the ancient capital of Scotland. Along the way you'll see the great Loch Ness, castle ruins, and the Orkney and Shetland Islands off the north coast.
National Geographic AdventureMaps differ from a traditional road map because of the specialty content they include. Each map contains hundreds of diverse and unique recreational, ecological, cultural, and historic destinations -- outside of the major tourist hubs. National Geographic AdventureMaps are the perfect companion to a guidebook, yet far easier to pack!
The Scotland AdventureMap is printed in the United States on a durable synthetic paper, making it waterproof, tear-resistant, and capable of withstanding the rigors of international travel. The map is two-sided and is folded to a packable size of 4.25" x 9.25"; unfolded size is 26" x 38".
Travel Tip! Due to the synthetic sheet that AdventureMaps are printed on, you can easily fold the map to a discreet size, showing just the area you're interested in.
• Waterproof and tear-resistant
• Designed and printed in the U.S.A.
• Detailed topography with clearly labeled natural features
• Major road networks
• Hundreds of points of interest, including the location of national parks, castles, churches, caves and UNESCO World Heritage sites
• Thousands of place names with a detailed index
• Important travel aids including airports, rail lines, and other infrastructure
• Latitude/Longitude and UTM grids along with a compass rose and scale bars for accurate navigation with compass or GPS