• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel Map
National Geographic's United Kingdom AdventureMap is designed to meet the needs of adventure travelers with its durability and detailed, accurate information. This map includes the locations of cities and towns with a user-friendly index, a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for roads/highways, plus secondary routes for those seeking to explore off the beaten path.
Side one of this map covers the southern portion of the UK, from the tip of France and across the Isle of Man to Northern Ireland. This side also includes the capital and largest city of the UK, London. Side two shows Belfast, and across the Channel to Edinburgh, the Outer Hebrides, the Orkney Islands, and the Shetland Islands.
AdventureMaps differ from a traditional road map because of the specialty content they include. Each map contains hundreds of diverse and unique recreational, ecological, cultural, and historic destinations -- outside of the major tourist hubs. National Geographic AdventureMaps are the perfect companion to a guidebook, yet far easier to pack!
The United Kingdom AdventureMap is printed in the United States on a durable synthetic paper, making it waterproof, tear-resistant, and capable of withstanding the rigors of international travel. The map is two-sided and is folded to a packable size of (4.25" x 9.25"); unfolded size is (26" x 38"). Travel Tip! Due to the synthetic sheet that AdventureMaps are printed on, you can easily fold the map to a discreet size, showing just the area you're interested in.
• Waterproof and tear-resistant
• Designed and printed in the U.S.A.
• Detailed topography with clearly labeled natural features
• Major road networks
• Hundreds of points of interest, including the location of national parks, monasteries, castles, churches, botanical gardens, and UNESCO World Heritage sites.
• Thousands of place names with a detailed index
• Important travel aids including airports, ferry routes, motorways, and other infrastructure
• Latitude/Longitude and UTM grids along with a compass rose and scale bars for accurate navigation with compass or GPS
Proceeds from the sale of National Geographic maps go to support the National Geographic Society's vital exploration, conservation, research and education programs.