• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel Map
Called “the jewel of the Adriatic Sea," Croatia's medieval cities, turquoise waters, and rugged mountains make this small Mediterranean county big on adventure! National Geographic's Croatia AdventureMap will meet the needs of Croatia's travelers with its durability and detailed, accurate information.
The map includes the locations of exotic places to discover including Trogir, Dubrovnik, and Mostar, with a user-friendly index, clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for roads/highways, plus secondary routes for those seeking to explore off the beaten path.
Start your adventure in one of Croatia's premier national parks; the waterfalls of Plitvice, the forests of Krka and Mljet, or the mountain caverns of Paklenica. Visit the two most beautiful rivers in Europe, the Zrmanja and Krupa, or kayak your way to one of the Elafiti islands in the Adriatic Sea. Along the way you'll see Diocletian's palace in Split, Biokovo Mountain, and shared borders regions with Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzogovina.
AdventureMaps differ from a traditional road map because of the specialty content they include. Each map contains hundreds of diverse and unique recreational, ecological, cultural, and historic destinations -- outside of the major tourist hubs. National Geographic AdventureMaps are the perfect companion to a guidebook, yet far easier to pack!
The Croatia AdventureMap is printed in the United States on a durable synthetic paper, making it waterproof, tear-resistant, and capable of withstanding the rigors of international travel. The map is two-sided and is folded to a packable size of 4.25" x 9.25"; unfolded size is 26" x 38".
Travel Tip! Due to the synthetic sheet that AdventureMaps are printed on, you can easily fold the map to a discreet size, showing just the area you're interested in.
• Waterproof and tear-resistant
• Designed and printed in the U.S.A.
• Detailed topography with clearly labeled natural features
• Major road networks
• Hundreds of points of interest, including the location of national parks, castles, caves and UNESCO World Heritage sites
• Thousands of place names with a detailed index
• Important travel aids including airports, rail lines, and other infrastructure
• Latitude/Longitude and UTM grids along with a compass rose and scale bars for accurate navigation with compass or GPS
Net proceeds from the sale of this map go to support the nonprofit mission of the National Geographic Society.