• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel Map
National Geographic's Botswana AdventureMap is designed to meet the unique needs of adventure travelers with its durability and detailed, accurate information. The map includes the locations of thousands of cities and towns with a user-friendly index, plus a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for major highways, main roads, plus tracks and trails for those seeking to explore more remote regions.
This map differs from a traditional road map because it includes hundreds of points of interest that highlight the diverse and unique recreational, ecological, cultural and historic destinations within the country. Our adventure maps are the perfect companion to a guidebook, yet far easier to pack!
The Botswana AdventureMap is printed in the United States on a durable synthetic paper, making it waterproof, tear-resistant and tough capable of withstanding the rigors of international travel. The map is two-sided and can be folded to a packable size of (4.25 x 9.25 ); unfolded size is (26 x 38 ).
Net proceeds from the sale of this map go to support the nonprofit mission of the National Geographic Society.
The front side of the map contains the Caprivi Strip Game Park, Chobe National Park, Victoria Falls, Zambezi National Park, Nxai-Pan National Park, Moremi Game Reserve, Okavango Delta, and the Central Kalahari Game Reserve. The reverse contains the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Gaborone, Khama Rhino Sanctuary, Khutse Game Reserve, and Gemsbok National Park.
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Detailed topography with clearly labeled natural features
- Hundreds of points of interest, including the location of protected sites, parks and nature reserves, protected lands, archeological sites, wildlife parks and more
- Thousands of place names with a detailed index
- Important travel aids including airports, lighthouses, ferry routes and rail lines
- Latitude/Longitude and UTM grids along with a compass rose and scale bars for accurate navigation with compass or GPS
Map Scale 1:1,100,000
NG Map #: 3207