• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel Map
National Geographic's Canada West AdventureMap is designed to meet the needs of adventure travelers with its durability and detailed, accurate information. The map includes the locations of cities and towns with a user-friendly index, a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for roads/highways, plus secondary routes for those seeking to explore off the beaten path in and around the Rocky Mountain National Park of Banff, the Yukon Territories, Alberta, Vancouver Island, and the Pacific Shores.
AdventureMaps differ from a traditional road map because of the specialty content they include. Each map contains hundreds of diverse and unique recreational, ecological, cultural, and historic destinations -- outside of the major tourist hubs. Search for whales off the coast of Vancouver, ski the trails of Whistler, paddle the epic South Nahanni River as it tumbles through the jagged Mackenzie Mountains and the Nahanni National Park Reserve, a World Heritage-listed site. National Geographic AdventureMaps are the perfect companion to a guidebook, yet far easier to pack!
Your side one adventure begins at Victoria Island, Nanavut, the Great Slave Lake, the Northwest Territories, Yukon Plateau, Great Bear Lake and Prince Albert Sound. Flip over and the backside showcases the topographic features of Vancouver and Queen Charlotte Islands, the Coast Mountains, British Columbia, the Rocky Mountains, and Alberta.
The Canada West AdventureMap is printed in the United States on a durable synthetic paper, making it waterproof, tear-resistant, and capable of withstanding the rigors of international travel. The map is two-sided and is folded to a packable size of (4.25" x 9.25"); unfolded size is (26" x 38"). Travel Tip! Due to the synthetic sheet that AdventureMaps are printed on, you can easily fold the map to a discreet size, showing just the area you're interested in.
• Waterproof and tear-resistant
• Designed and printed in the U.S.A.
• Detailed topography with clearly labeled natural features
• Major road networks
• Hundreds of points of interest, including the location of nature reserves and national parks
• Thousands of place names with a detailed index
• Important travel aids including airports, rail lines, and other infrastructure
• Latitude/Longitude and UTM grids along with a compass rose and scale bars for accurate navigation with compass or GPS