• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel Map
National Geographic's Guatemala AdventureMap is the most authoritative map for touring the rich cultural heritage and amazing natural diversity of the Yucatan Peninsula. Each waterproof and tear-resistant map provides travelers with the perfect combination of detail and perspective, highlighting points of interest for those venturing outside city centers.
This durable, folded map includes the locations of cities and towns with a user-friendly index, plus a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for major highways, main roads, and secondary roads for those seeking to explore Guatemala's highlands and jungle.
The front side offers a detailed topographic map of northern Guatemala, including northern border regions with Mexico and Belize. Map a journey down marked rivers to the ancient Mayan ruins surrounded by pristine rain forests, explore Lake Peten Itza, or find your way to the Mayan temple in Tikal National Park. This is the map for planning your next adventure.
The backside includes the southern portion of the country, bordering the North Pacific Ocean between El Salvador and Mexico, and the Gulf of Honduras between Honduras and Belize. In between you'll find opportunity for trekking around the country's 11 volcanoes, spectacular lake views at Lago de Atitlan and Lago de Izabel, and exploring the UNESCO World Heritage site of Antigua. Divers will find valuable information on the coastal coral reefs and shipwrecks.
Every AdventureMap is printed on synthetic paper, making them waterproof, tear-resistant and tough — capable of withstanding the rigors of international travel. Each is two-sided and can be folded to a packable size of (4.25" x 9.25"); unfolded size is (26" x 38").
- Waterproof and tear-resistant
- Accurate topography/terrain with a clearly labeled road network
- Hundreds of points of interest, including the locations of national parks and nature reserves, protected lands, historical and cultural attractions
- Thousands of place names including towns and natural features; detailed place names index
- Important travel networks including airports, expressways, ferry routes, and railroads
- Updated regularly to ensure accuracy
Proceeds from the sale of National Geographic maps go to support the National Geographic Society's vital exploration, conservation, research and education programs.